Guide how to use two solution mopping for safe & sparkling floors with a double mop bucket
Whether a commercial or industrial property, the floors can very often become stained and soiled with a myriad of things.
How do you clean correctly with a two solution mopping system to ensure a safe and sparkling floor? Discover how to leave a clean and safe surface behind after using the correct techniques, cleaning products and double mop buckets to remove soilage, dirt and spillages.
Wray Bros offers a wide range of Jangro mopping supplies. Here is a selection of cleaning products which perfectly suit floor cleaning tasks, such as mopping, for heavily soiled surfaces.
See our selection of Janitorial products including your mopping supplies
PPE & Your Safety
You’ve always got to look after your own safety. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is there for a reason, so be fully prepared for the task ahead, to stay clean and safe at all times.
Mopping may seem a simple task, but it can be cumbersome with the wrong equipment! See the mop bucket range, Jangro Cleaning Chemicals, Abrasive Pad, Scraper, Floor Cloth and Warning Signs.
Guide to Double Solution Mopping
1. Put on PPE, if specified, and assemble all of the equipment to be used and check each item for safety.
2. Place warning signs at the extremes of the work area and ventilate the area.
3. Mopping an unswept floor is a sure-fire way to scratch and damage your floor and leave behind fluffs of dust and hair. Firstly, sweep-up before you start mopping. Remove chewing gum or other litter with scraper.
4. In one bucket prepare cleaning solution following the usage instructions and fill second bucket with clean water for rinsing
5. Apply solution to an area of floor using the mop. Mop the floor using a figure of eight stroke with each pass overlapping.
6. Clean adjacent to skirtings by “cutting in” parallel to skirtings.
7. Use abrasive pad to remove stubborn marks.
8. Ensure bucket is behind line of work. Use separate, preferably colour coded, mops for applying cleaning solution and rinse water. When ringing out mop, stand in front of wringer and press down firmly.
9. Change cleaning solution when dirty. Re-charge mop with clean solution as required.
10. Wipe skirtings with cloth to remove splashes.
11. Leave floor as dry as possible and leave warning signs in place until dry.
12. Clean all equipment and check all items for safety. Return all items of equipment to the storage area and store safely and securely. Return warning signs to store when floor is completely dry.
Care of your Mopping Equipment
Follow this step-by-step guide methodically to ensure a clean and safe surface after two-solution mopping.
Remember! Your task doesn’t end when the mopping does. Clean your equipment straight after use, remove mop heads and allow to air dry, wash and wipe buckets and ensure that the next task isn’t compromised by poorly cleaned equipment after this current task.
If you’d like to see other specific Guides or need advice on mopping or any particular cleaning matter please contact us and we’ll do our best to help and make you look good. Call Steven on 0151 709 2271.
Features helpful tips and useful advice as well as troubleshooting support.
Read More >