Guide to Single Solution Mopping for clean floors, quickly!
Dirt and spillages on your floor can't be left for
long. Mopping removes dirt and gives you that
clean and safe surface you've been looking for.
Floors at commercial premises can often become muddied and stained
with a number of things. If you don't use the correct mopping solution,
or technique, you could be left without a clear mind as to how to get
your floor gleaming as new once more.
Mopping can be tiresome work, especially if you don't have the correct
equipment. Wray Bros supplies cleaning products and accompanying
materials that will help you fully clean floors that have become dirty.
This guide will offer tips and advice to ensure that you have the correct
approach, the cleaning chemicals and janitorial equipment you need
before starting the task of cleaning the floor. Follow these steps
methodically and soon you will have a clean, shiny and safe floor.
See our selection of Mopping Supplies
Always ensure that you are fully safe before commencing with a task of mopping a floor. You should always ensure floors are not left slippy for long and warn others in the vicinity to be careful during and for a short time after.
A single solution mopping system i.e. (Bucket, wringer and mop). See the mop bucket range. Cleaning Agent, Abrasive Pad, Scraper, Floor Cloth and Warning Signs.
Guide to Single Solution Mopping
1. Put on PPE and assemble all of the equipment to be used and check each item for safety.
2. Place warning signs at the extremes of the work area and ventilate the area.
3. Mopping an unswept floor is a sure-fire way to scratch and damage your floor and leave behind fluffs of dust and hair. Firstly, sweep-up before you start mopping. Remove chewing gum or other litter with scraper.
4. Prepare cleaning solution following label instructions (product must be added to the water).
5. Apply solution to an area of floor using the mop. Mop the floor using a figure of eight stroke with each pass overlapping.
6. Clean adjacent to skirtings by “cutting in” parallel to skirtings.
7. Use abrasive pad to remove stubborn marks.
8. Ensure bucket is behind line of work. When ringing out mop, stand in front of wringer and press down firmly.
9. Change cleaning solution when dirty. Re-charge mop with clean solution as required.
10. Wipe skirtings with cloth to remove splashes.
11. Leave floor as dry as possible and leave warning signs in place until dry.
12. Clean all equipment and check all items for safety. Return all items of equipment to the storage area and store safely and securely. Return warning signs to store when floor is completely dry.
Care of Equipment
Clean your equipment straight after use and always ensure that the mop head is removed, washed and allowed to air dry for most effective cleanliness.
Finally, our guides are designed to help you make a sizeable cleaning task that much easier. If you'd like to see other specific Guides or need advice on any particular matter please contact us and we'll do our best to help and make you look good. Some other related articles you may be interested in include:
Features helpful tips and useful advice as well as troubleshooting support.
Read More >