Guide to Spray Cleaning with a Rotary Machine
Spray cleaning with a rotary machine helps remove scuff marks and soilage on a floor space.
The spray cleaning will improve the appearance of the floor through the removal of any areas of dirt and scuff marks. It will also improve the polish applied to the floor and its long term durability.
This step-by-step guide is easy to follow and will provide you with all the information you need to methodically complete the cleaning task effectively. Using a machine and cleaning substances might take some getting used to and we are keen at Wray Bros to give you all the information you need to complete in time and to a high standard. The Jangro products that Wray Bros supply will provide you with all the necessary high quality cleaning substances that you require to complete the task effectively.
Guide Spray Cleaning
Suggested Cleaning Products
2. Assemble all of the equipment to be used and check each item for safety, paying particular attention to plugs and cables.
3. Place warning signs at the extremes of the work area.
4. Insert Residual Current Device (RCD) into the power socket before connecting the machine to the power supply.
5. If the scrubber/polishing machine is fitted with a tank, disconnect the water feed prior to buffing.
6. Prepare cleaning solution as per manufacturer’s instructions (always add product to water) and place in the hand or machine spray bottle with correct label attached.
7. Pick up large items of litter by hand and mop sweep floor.
8. Spray a fine mist from about 1 metre above floor over an area of approximately 2m2, taking care not to over spray other areas.
9. Pass the machine over the damp areas and buff until dry and highly polished, using overlapping strokes to ensure an even appearance.
10. Spray clean area adjacent to skirtings by “cutting in” parallel to skirtings. Wipe skirtings using a clean cloth.
11. Position the cable behind the line of work to ensure it is not caught in the machine drive plate or tripped over.
12. Check the pad/brush for damage and cleanliness regularly, turn pad over or change it or clean it as necessary.
13. If required mop sweep the floor after spray cleaning.
14. Clean equipment and check for safety.
15. Return all equipment, materials and warning signs to store and store safely and securely.
As this cleaning task involves the use of potentially hazardous cleaning substances and industrial machines you must take great care to ensure you are fully prepared. An equipment checklist will allow you to go into the task without worrying about leaving something behind.
High Speed Buffing/Floor Polishing machine.
Drive plate and Spray Cleaning pad or Spray Cleaning Brush (or equivalent if multi brush machine).
Labelled hand spray or spray fitted to machine.
Mop Sweeper and Vacuum Cleaner with Attachments, or Suction Unit and Skirt fitted to Buffing/Polishing machine.
Cloth and Bucket.
Possible Cleaning Chemicals
Once the task is over there is still some work left to do. Care of equipment is crucial to ensure equipment lasts for longer and remains at an effective level in the process. It also allows for quicker use the next time the same task is required.
Guide to Machine Buffing with a Rotary Machine
Finally, our guides are designed to help you make a sizeable cleaning task that much easier. If you’d like to see other specific Guides or need advice on any particular matter please contact us and we’ll do our best to help and make you look good.