University of Manchester Knowledge Bank
Welcome to the University of Manchester's Knowledge Bank
The Knowledge Bank can help ensure your staff are trained in the correct cleaning products and working procedures. Follow the links below for information to make you compliant and your staff empowered.
Find up to date MSDS and fully editable COSHH Risk Assessments on the products used by Residential Services.
CLICK FOR YOUR MSDS HERE >
Providing your employees with the right information and providing them with the right cleaning products will help deliver the best results.
CLICK FOR YOUR PUG'S HERE >
The most important resource of any organisation involved in cleaning is the people who carry out the task. Ensure standards are maintained with quality training.
CLICK FOR TRAINING SUPPORT >
10 Good Practice Safety Tips
1. Always read the product label and follow the instructions for use. Always add the product to the water.
2. Always use the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
3. Never mix Jangro products. Mixing products may cause a chemical reaction which can produce gases which could be hazardous.
4. Never put Jangro products into an unmarked container. Ready to use labels are available.
5. Never put Jangro products into bottles or containers with other uses, i.e. water or drink bottles.
6. Know where to find your Safety Data Sheet. Know who your first aider is and how to contact them.
7. Ensure all Jangro products are stored correctly. Keep chemicals away from children.
8. Always report any faulty equipment, spills or damaged containers to your supervisor.
9. Know and follow your company's standard operating procedures and follow safe working practices.
10. If you notice anything in your workplace that you think is unusual or dangerous report it to your supervisor.
Care of Equipment
Once the task is over there is still some work left to do. Care of equipment is crucial to ensure equipment lasts for longer and remains at an effective level in the process. It also allows for quicker use the next time the same task is required. For example,
- Remove mop from handle, wash and allow to air dry.
- If re-assembled store head up.
- Wash buckets, wipe inside and out and store upside down.
Features helpful tips and useful advice as well as troubleshooting support.
Read More >